UTC RETAIL is an extremely dynamic company in an industry experiencing rapid growth. We are currently looking for a Senior POS Business Analyst.
In addition to browser-based programming duties the candidate will have experience gathering requirements and develop functional design specifications including workflow, business logic, screen prototypes, and database requirements. Perform duties as defined by the UTC RETAIL Software Development Lifecycle processes.
- Gather POS system requirements from customers and internal business units
- Generate clearly written functional design specifications on time and within budget, attention to detail is a must
- Become an expert user of UTC RETAIL’s POS systems
- Work directly with all levels of our customers’ organizations from store and help desk personnel to executive management
- Work independently, require little direction from management and other staff members
- Perform other duties as directed by management including generating user documentation
- Assess project risk
- Follow processes and standards as defined by management
- Be an active and supportive team player. Be a good listener, supportive of others and encourage behavior consistent with our strategic direction.
- Travel will be required
- 5-10 years of experience working in and with the Retail Point-of-Sale industry working with mid to large size retailers
- Bachelor's degree or equivilent
- Strong written English is a must
- Expertise in the use of word processors, spreadsheets, and other tools used to develop specifications
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of operating systems, computer applications, and databases
- Understanding of computer programming fundamentals
- Understanding of web-based architecture including servers, browsers, and networks
- Technical knowledge of relational databases and SQL is a plus
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation are a must
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Willingness to work within the SDLC processes defined by management
UTC RETAIL provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, UTC RETAIL complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Position is home office based and can be anywhere in the US. Position may also require travel for client calls, internal meetings and various industry events.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume to our HRdept@utcretail.com