UTC RETAIL Company History
UTC RETAIL was founded in Victor, New York in 1988. We have been a premier provider of software, hardware and service solutions to the specialty retail industry for 30 years. UTC RETAIL was one of the first manufacturers of POS terminals based on open system architecture, and we pioneered the front access design for significantly improved serviceability and on-site repair.
Using Java as our development platform, we created one of the industry’s first, browser based Point-Of-Sale applications. This modern technology stack allowed us to introduce a completely “thin” store option, providing all of the benefits of a cloud-based solution, without the risks and lack of control associated with multi-tenant applications running on third-party servers and data warehouses. UTC RETAIL continued our POS systems innovation when we were one of the first retail technology providers to market with a full featured, full transaction set mobile POS application.
Today, the UTC RETAIL ReadyStore POS application is considered one of the most flexible, finely architected store systems available, extending completely into the Omnichannel environment with a focus on delivering on the commitment to customer experience necessary for modern retailers.
Industry Awards and Recognition
- 2016 - UTC RETAIL is once again recognized as a leader in quality of service and overall performance by mid-sized specialty retailers on the RIS LeaderBoard survey
- 2015 - UTC RETAIL achieves top rankings in quality of service, software reliability, total cost of operations, and return on investment on the 2015 RIS News LeaderBoard survey
- 2014 - RIS News Software LeaderBoard lists UTC RETAIL as a Top 20 overall retail technology provider
- 2014 - UTC RETAIL is recognized as the fastest growing company in the greater Rochester region by being named #1 in Rochester Top 100
- 2013 - UTC RETAIL is recognized by RIS News Software Leaderboard as a Top 20 provider to the retail market
- 2013 - The New York Society of Human Resources Management selects UTC RETAIL as one of the Top 50 places to work in the entire empire state
- 2012 - RIS News Software Leaderboard ranks UTC RETAIL as a Top 20 software provider
- 2011 - UTC RETAIL recognized by RIS News Software Leaderboard as a leader in customer satisfaction
- 2010 - UTC RETAIL received RIS News Software Leaderboard “Company to Watch” distinction
- 2009 - UTC RETAIL is the only POS Systems provider who has consistently been ranked in the Top 3 by retailers all four years of the RIS News Hardware LeaderBoard survey
- 2008 - UTC RETAIL Dominates Leaderboard Service & Support Ranking for Third Straight Year
- 2007 - Retailers ranked UTC RETAIL #1 in Service & Support for second straight year in RIS News LeaderBoard Survey
- 2006 – UTC RETAIL is ranked #1 in POS industry survey topping industry stalwarts IBM, NCR, and Fujitsu
- 2005 - Venture Development Corporation, a leading independent technology market research firm, reports that UTC RETAIL is one of the top three POS equipment manufacturers selling POS workstations in North America
- 2005 – UTC RETAIL is selected for Best-In-Store Systems Award by Integrated Solutions for Retailers
- 2004 - UTC RETAIL is recognized for continued pace of growth, marking the third time UTC RETAIL is named to the Top 100 Fastest Growing Businesses in the greater Rochester, NY metro area
- 2002 - UTC RETAIL becomes an active participant in the new Association for Retail Technology Standards (ARTS) Industry Standards Board